Sunday, June 8, 2008

Officially a Big Girl now

So, I have tried to get her to sleep in her bed but she wanted nothing to do with it until today. At nap time I put her in her bed and laid in it with her until she fell asleep. She slept for 1.5 hrs in it. Tonight, after her bath I asked her if she wanted to sleep in her bed and she said bed and ran into her room. I read her 3 books every night and then sing to her. So, after our books she got into her princess bed, with her princess pajamas on, I sat on the edge on the bed and sang to her. She is fast asleep in her bed now. It is a bitter sweet moment. I am so proud of her being a big girl and on the other hand it is sad because my baby is no longer a baby. As parents we are so proud of the accomplishments that our children make. Some just break our heart and this one breaks mine. I cried tonight watching her turn into a big girl. She is going to be such a great big sister and I cannot wait to see her in action. I just love her so much and part of me never wants her to grow up but she has to and it is so beautiful to be able to be home 24/7 to be able to watch her grow before my eyes. She is my proudest moment ever in my life. She fills my heart with so much love and joy that I am over whelmed with pride for her. I took a picture of her sleeping at nap time. Hope you enjoy the picture of a big girl.



Sorry I forgot to turn the pic before I put it in here

1 comment:

mom and dad Wells said...

She looks so tiny in that big girl bed. She'll always be your "little" girl. Karlene