Thursday, June 19, 2008

A first for Victoria and I

On Monday I had to leave Victoria for the first time in her 17 months of life. I have left her when she is sleeping but never awake. I had to attend a convention for Charter Schools. I was not only leaving her but I was going to be an hour away and it was all day for two days. Monday I was gone for 8hrs and Tuesday I was gone for 9hrs. When I left the house on Monday, I called Louis crying telling him I can't do it. He assured me I could and I did. I called her a billion times. When I got home that night we hugged for what seemed liked hours. When I left Tuesday, she cried for a few minutes and then was OK. It was the hardest thing that I have had to do. I knew that she would be OK but it was just the first time leaving her. She was with her Mama and was well taken care of. Well, we both survived and it was good for the both of us. I just don't want to do it again....until the baby comes and I have to leave to have the baby. I am a crazed mother who never wants to leave her kids....hehehe.

1 comment:

mom and dad Wells said...

Great family picture. You need to leave her more. It is good for both of you. Believe it or not.

Karlene