Saturday, February 26, 2011

Las Vegas!!!

Louis' Aunt passed away and we headed to Las Vegas to the Funeral. This would be the first trip for Elizabeth to Vegas but the 2nd for Victoria. This was the first LOOOOOONG trip for both the girls traveling in a car. My girls HATE to be in the car for a long time but this was pushing it. My Sister-in-law, Jody came with us and brought her grandson, Albert. We left our house really late and got to Vegas at 11:30pm, which is 12:30pm our time. My girls were cranky and tired...tried to sleep in the car but that is not fun. We got to our room and I just put the 3 of us to bed in our clothes. The next morning the girls and I went swimming at 7am and it was so much fun. The pool was heated and then the really warm hot tub. We got ready and all of us went to the store to pick up some food. Our place or residence for the time was a resort which had a full kitchen, 2 bedrooms, living room and 5 pools and hot tubs. We went to the Funeral and it was a great service, great to see family but sad for the reason. Victoria kept going up to the coffin to see her Great Aunt. Afterwards we went to our Cousin Robbie's house for a buffet dinner. The food was excellent. We got back to our room late and I had to wake the girls up to give them showers...they were not happy and each cried the whole time. We woke up on our last day and again went swimming at 6:30am. We took the kids to the Aquarium and that was awesome to see the animals. They had a "sunken ship" and you could look out and see the animals swimming in the water. We got back in the car and headed for home...the LOOOOOOONG ride back. The girls did really good on the trip back. Started to get tired when we got to Provo. We hit some bad weather in some spots and that slowed us down. We got home at about 9pm and I just put the girls to bed in their clothes again. I felt like I neglected my girls...they never go to bed in their clothes and never without brushing or flossing their teeth...ok well I can count on 1 hand how many times they have without brushing. They were just so off their schedule and it makes for grumpy kids...but in all they were great. I do know that any long trip will be done in an airplane...I just hate the driving part and just want to be there and spend more time on vacation and not driving. We were glad to be home in our own beds, with Papa and back on our schedule.
Kids eating breakfast
Kids in front of New York New York
Girls in front of Luxor
The cute kiddos

No comments: