Monday, May 16, 2011

A close call

The girls were running around the house. I kept telling them to stop running in the house. I was trying to make dinner and I heard a loud thud and Elizabeth let out a blood curdling cry. I grabbed her and she was bleeding very badly from her mouth. I gave her a cold wash cloth and then some water to wash away the blood so I could see where it was coming from. She had a big gash in her bottom lip and her upper tooth was bleeding at the gum line. I ran her to Dr.Mike to have her checked out. He said that if I wanted to stitch her lip I could but he would not and it will close up but she was on a very thin line of needing a few stitches had it been any deeper. He x-rayed her tooth to look for fractures and luckily there were none. Her tooth had some mobility but it would tighten back up. He did not think that there was enough trama to it to turn it dark. I was so stressed that she would lose her tooth and need stitches. This girl is going to kill me. She just had an accident a week ago and now this. AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!

This is her lip but it is a lot worse in person. It is all purple and black from blood. She had to go to bed without sucking her thumb in fear that she may move the tooth. She had to eat dinner on the side of her mouth and she did so good doing it. Could not brush it tonight and just lightly tomorrow and Wed good to go I hope. I will have it checked again probably Wed. We are so blessed to have Dr.Mike in our life and I don't know what we would do without him.


No comments: