Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Victoria's 1st ER visit

So, last night she was in bed and then got out. I had Elizabeth in my arms and got Victoria back into bed. She likes to plop down on her pillow but instead of the pillow she hit her head on the bed frame. When she came up I instanly saw the laceration and knew it needed stitches. I put Elizabeth on the bed and grabbed Victoria and yelled for Louis. After what seemed liked forever of me calming down. We got in the car to go to the ER. We got into the room and Victoria fell asleep on me. The Dr came in and said that she will need stitches and they would give her a sedative to make her drowsy. They 1st put some numbing cream on it and then shot the sedative up her nose. Then they wrapped her arms behind her back and wrapped a sheet around her body so she could not move. I was at her feet talking to her. The nurse was holding her head and the Dr was shooting more numbing medicine into the laceration. Everytime Victoria would see the needle she would freak out. I called my mom to come and sit with Elizabeth at the hospital because I knew that we needed to be with Victoria. She had to have 2 internal stitches and 6 to close it. It was the worst thing I have ever had to go through in my life. I got her to her 2nd birthday without ever being sick and was hoping to never have an ER visit. Me and the girls finally went to bed around 1:30am. I had to clean it out today and put neosporin on it and she did pretty well. It is right in her eyebrow and we are hoping that there will not be any scaring. She goes to Dr.Lam this Friday to have the stitches removed if it is healed enough. They gave her a teddy bear with a band-aid on it's left eye. She is finally taking a nap. She is doing pretty good for what she has been through.



2 comments:

bybeez said...

OHHH! Poor baby girl, AND mommy! Nice placement though! You can't see it until you see the close up! Give her lots of kisses!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Way too much excitement for one day. So glad that she is okay and that you all survived the trauma. It's almost as painful for the parents as it is for the injured child. So glad I was able to see for my own eyes today that Victoria is going to be okay. I sometimes wonder how any of us made it to adulthood.